
| Birth name | Neil Percival Young |
|---|---|
| Also known as | Bernard Shakey,[1] Phil Perspective, Shakey Deal, Clyde Coil, Shakey, Joe Yankee,[1] Joe Canuck[1] |
| Born | November 12, 1945 Toronto, Ontario, Canada |
| Origin | Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada |
| "Music genre">Genres | "Rock music">Rock,folk rock,hard rock, country rock |
| Occupations | Musician, singer-songwriter,producer, screenwriter,director |
| Instruments | Guitar,vocals, harmonica,keyboards, piano |
| Years active | 1960–present |
| Labels | Reprise, Motown, Geffen |
| Associated acts | The Squires The Mynah Birds Buffalo Springfield Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Crazy Horse The Stray Gators The Stills-Young Band The Ducks Northern Lights Pearl Jam Booker T. Jones Phish |
| Website | neilyoung.com |
Neil Percival Young, OC, OM (born November 12, 1945) is a Canadian singer-songwriter who is considered to be one of most influential musicians of his generation.Young began performing as a solo artist in Canada in 1960, before moving to California in 1966, where he co-founded the band Buffalo Springfield along with Stephen Stills, and later joined Crosby, Stills & Nash as a fourth member in 1969. He then forged a successful and acclaimed solo career, releasing his first album in 1968. It has spanned 50 years and 33 studio albums, with a continual exploration of musical styles. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame website describes Young as "one of rock and roll’s greatest songwriters and performers". He has been inducted into the Hall of Fame twice: first as a solo artist in 1995, and secondly as a member of Buffalo Springfield in 1997. Young has been nominated for multiple Grammy Awards, winning once.
Young's work is characterized by his distinctive guitar work, and signature falsetto/tenor singing voice. Although he accompanies himself on several different instruments, including piano and harmonica, his clawhammer acoustic guitar and often idiosyncratic electric guitar playing are the defining characteristics of a sometimes ragged, sometimes melodic sound. While Young has experimented with differing music styles, including swing and electronic music throughout a varied career, his best known work usually falls into two primary styles: either acoustic folk and country rock, or amplified hard rock in collaboration with the band Crazy Horse. Young has also adopted elements from newer styles such as alternative rock and grunge. His influence on the latter caused some to dub him the "Godfather of Grunge".
Young has directed (or co-directed) a number of films using the pseudonym Bernard Shakey, including Journey Through the Past (1973), Rust Never Sleeps (1979), Human Highway (1982), Greendale (2003), and CSNY/Déjà Vu (2008). He is currently working on a documentary about electric car technology, tentatively titled Linc/Volt. The project involves a 1959 Lincoln Continental converted to hybrid technology, which Young plans to drive to Washington, D.C. as an environmentalist example to lawmakers there.
Young is an outspoken advocate for environmental issues and the welfare of small farmers, having co-founded in 1985 the benefit concert Farm Aid. In 1986, Young helped found The Bridge School, an educational organization for children with severe verbal and physical disabilities, and its annual supporting Bridge School Benefit concerts, together with his wife Pegi Young (née Morton). Young has three children: Sons Zeke (born during his relationship with actress Carrie Snodgress) and Ben who were diagnosed with cerebral palsy, and daughter Amber Jean, like Young himself, with epilepsy. Young lives on his ranch in La Honda, California. Although he has lived in northern California since the 1970s and sings as frequently about U.S. themes and subjects as he does about his native country, he retains Canadian citizenship, which he has never wanted to relinquish. On July 14, 2006, Young was awarded the Order of Manitoba. On December 30, 2009, he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada.
AFTER BERLIN - NEIL YOUNG
NOTE:
* Here are two versions of this song, one in standard
tuning and one in D-modal. Try it out to see which you
think sounds best.
Both versions submitted by: hector (hector_@gmx.net)
TUNING: standard
INTRO:
Dm7 Dm7 Bb
e-----------------|-----------------|----------------|
B-------6-8-6-----|-------6-8-6-----|---------6-8-6--|
G-----5-------5---|-----5-------5---|-------7--------|
D---7-----------7-|---7-----------7-|-----8----------| (x2)
A-5---------------|-5---------------|---8------------|
E-----------------|-----------------|-6--------------|
Dm7
Just like a young boy running down the road
Bb
I\'m singing out the same old song
Dm7
Can\'t go back the way I started from
Bb
The road goes on and on
Dm7
Won\'t you help me, help me, help me, help me,
Help me, help me, help me, help me,
Bb
Take my way on home
A
Help me make my way on home
Dm7
After Berlin.
SOLO (over Dm7 Bb)
Lights are shining in the German sky
Cosmic walls between the moon and I
Don\'t know where I started from
So won\'t you take me, take me, take me, take me,
Take me, take me, take me, take me,
Just the way I am
Ah, take me, just the way I am
After Berlin.
SOLO (over Dm7 Bb)
INTRO
All day cruising down the corridor
Seeing things I never seen before
Tomorrow morning in old Berlin
Where they lock you out or lock you in
Won\'t you save me, save me, save me, save me,
Save me, save me, save me, save me,
From the final day
Save me from the final day
After Berlin.
SOLO (over Dm7 Bb)
Just like a young boy running down the road
I\'m singing out the same old song
I can\'t go back the way I used to go
The road goes on and on
Won\'t you help me, help me, help me, help me,
Help me, help me, help me, help me,
Find my way back home
Won\'t you help me make my way on home
After Berlin.
SOLO (over Dm7 Bb)
Dm7
Help me, help me, help me, help me.
Help me, help me, help me, help me.
Bb
Help me, help me, help me, help me.
Help me, help me, help me, help me.
SOLO (over Dm7 Bb)
END ON: Dm7
-----------------------------------------------------------------
TUNING: D-Modal: DADGBD
CHORDS: Dm7sus4: 000565 Bb: x88760 A7: x77055
INTRO:
Dm7sus4 Dm7sus4 Bb Bb
D--5-----5---------5-----5---------0-------------------0---0---0--|
B--6---6-----6-----6---6-----6-----6-------6-8---------6---6---6--|
G--5-5---------5---5-5---------5---7-----7-------7-----7---7---7--| (x2)
D--0---------------0---------------8-------------------8---8---8--|
A--0---------------0---------------8-------------------8---8---8--|
D--0---------------0---------------X-------------------X---X---X--|
Dm7sus4
Just like a young boy running down the road
Bb
I\'m singing out the same old song
Dm7sus4
Can\'t go back the way I started from
Bb
The road goes on and on
Dm7sus4
Won\'t you help me, help me, help me, help me,
Help me, help me, help me, help me,
Bb
Take my way on home
A7
Help me make my way on home
Dm7sus4
After Berlin.
SOLO (over Dm7sus4 Bb)
Lights are shining in the German sky
Cosmic walls between the moon and I
Don\'t know where I started from
So won\'t you take me, take me, take me, take me,
Take me, take me, take me, take me,
Just the way I am
Ah, take me, just the way I am
After Berlin.
SOLO (over Dm7sus4 Bb)
INTRO
All day cruising down the corridor
Seeing things I never seen before
Tomorrow morning in old Berlin
Where they lock you out or lock you in
Won\'t you save me, save me, save me, save me,
Save me, save me, save me, save me,
From the final day
Save me from the final day
After Berlin.
SOLO (over Dm7sus4 Bb)
Just like a young boy running down the road
I\'m singing out the same old song
I can\'t go back the way I used to go
The road goes on and on
Won\'t you help me, help me, help me, help me,
Help me, help me, help me, help me,
Find my way back home
Won\'t you help me make my way on home
After Berlin.
SOLO (over Dm7sus4 Bb)
Dm
Help me, help me, help me, help me.
Help me, help me, help me, help me.
Bb
Help me, help me, help me, help me.
Help me, help me, help me, help me.
SOLO (over Dm7sus4 Bb)
END ON: Dm7sus4
0 komentar:
Post a Comment