Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Billy Gibbons



Birth name : William Frederick Gibbons
Also known as : Willy Gibbons, BFG. Reverend Willy G.
Born : December 16, 1949 (1949-12-16) (age 60) Tanglewood, Houston, Texas, United States of America
Genres : Blues, electric blues, blues-rock, Texas blues, rock, Southern rock
Occupations : Entertainer, songwriter, actor, guitar designer
Instruments : Guitar, singing, harmonica, Electric piano
Years active : 1967-present
Associated acts : ZZ Top, Aerosmith, Moving Sidewalks, Brooks & Dunn
Website : The Official Website of Billy F Gibbons


William Frederick Gibbons (born 16 December 1949) is an American musician, actor and car customizer, and holder of 9 US patents, best known as the guitarist of the Texas blues-rock band ZZ Top. He is also the lead singer and composer for many of the band's songs. Gibbons is known for playing his Gretsch Jupiter Thunderbird "BillyBo" guitar and his infamous 1959 Gibson Les Paul guitar known as Pearly Gates. He is noted for using a Mexican peso coin as a guitar plectrum and uses many pinch harmonics in his solos. A cornerstone in Hollywood, Gibbons remains a familiar fixture at the Sunset Marquis Hotel, producing studio sessions with actors Billy Bob Thornton and J.P. Shellnutt, Joe "Backbeat" Fazzio, along with musicians Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Jed Leiber, and Dwight Yoakam. Gibbons is also well known for his authentic preparations of Mexican cuisine and is frequently a guest chef around Hollywood, California serving his famous "Renegade Guacamole".

Gibbons was born to Freddie Frederick Royal and Lorraine Gibbons in the Tanglewood suburb of Houston, Texas, with his father being an entertainer, orchestra leader, and concert pianist who worked alongside second cousin, art director, Cedric Gibbons, for Samuel Goldwyn at MGM Studios. In 1963, Gibbons received his first electric guitar following his thirteenth birthday, a sunburst Gibson Melody Maker, accompanied with a Fender Champ amplifier. While attending Warner Brothers' art school in Hollywood, California, Gibbons engaged with his first bands including The Saints, Billy G & the Blueflames, and The Coachmen. By 18, Gibbons went forward forming an artfully designed band , conceptually inspired by friend and fellow musician, Roky Erickson and The Thirteenth Floor Elevators, naming the group the "Moving Sidewalks", penning the hit single, "99th Floor" and engaging a friendship with the legendary, Jimi Hendrix and The Jimi Hendrix Experience.


"I Witnessed A Crime W- Billy Gibbons"

Intro
(sniff cough cough) one two three ...
----------------------------------------------------|
------------x-x--x-x--x-x--x-x--x-x--x-x------------|
-(2)--------2-2--2-2--2-2--2-2--2-2--2-2---2--------|
--2---------2-2--2-2--2-2--2-2--2-2--2-2---2--------|
----------0~~-------0~~-------0~~-------0--0--------|
----0-2-4------0~~--------0~~-------0~~------0-2-4--|

A D
I witnessed a crime, I should be tellin you it was mine.
A
Cause there was nothin worse, she got the best of me first.
E A
And now Im alone and I, witnessed a crime.


A
If someone ups and walks away is that a sin?
D
I have no doubt she'll loo another man in.
A
I'd walk a mile to tell and testifie I fell
E A
I'm servin time in hell Oh I, witnessed a crime


D
I wanna say it came as a surpriiise,
A
When she allowed the looks of other mens' eyes
E A
and now Im alooone and I, witnessed a crime


Solo
---------------5-5-------5-5-------5-5-------5-5----|
-------------5-----5---5-----5---5-----5---5-----5--|
-----------6---------6---------6---------6----------|
----------------------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------------------|
----0-2-4-------------------------------------------|


------10-10-------10-10------10-10------10-10--|
----10-----10---10-----10--10-----10--10-------|
--11----------11---------11---------11---------|
-----------------------------------------------|
-----------------------------------------------|
-----------------------------------------------|


---------------------------------------------------|
---------------------------------------------------|
--2~~---0-2-0-2-0-2-0-2-0-2-0-2-2-4-2-4-2-4-2-4-2--|
--2~~---2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2--|
---------------------------------------------------|
---------------------------------------------------|
---------------------------------------------------|


-------------------------------------------------...
--------------------------------------x-x---x-x--...
2-2-2-4-4-4-4-5-5-4-4-2-2-------------2-2---2-2--...
--------------------------4-2---------2-2---2-2--...
------------------------------3/4---0------------...
------------------------------------------0------...

A
It's left me walkin 'cross this empty floor,
D
I just dont knoow if I can take it anymore.
A
My thoughts wont let me be, my heart's abandoned me
E A
And the memories won't deny that I witnessed a crime
E A
And the memories won't deny that I witnessed a crime.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment